Green beans with chicken (Fasolakia me kotópoulo)

Fasolakia with chicken
By

Fasolakia with chicken is a greek delicious recipe, where the main ingredients are the green beans and the chicken meat.

Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: 3-4
Calories: 750

Ingredients
  • 1 kg of beans
  • 1 chicken breast (not fillet)
  • 1 large potato cut into cubes
  • 1 onion (not need to be chopped)
  • olive oil
  • 1 freshly grated tomato
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 tsp unsalted butter
  • salt, pepper (I put chicken broth)
  
Instructions:

In a saucepan put the butter together with a little olive oil and fry the chicken to brown from all sides.

Add the onion to wilt and remove from heat. Add the green beans, the potato, the tomato paste dissolved in a glass of water, tomatoes, a little olive oil and salt. Pepper after I add the cooked food to maintain its flavor.

Put just enough water to cover the food and cook over medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Tips:

1. The best accompaniment is fresh bread and feta cheese.

2. If using frozen green beans, do not add them together with the tomato, but let it boil, and wait about 10 minutes before adding. The reason is that frozen green beans are more "tired" and want less time to cook.

3. Serve optionally with slice that is sprinkled with oregano and olive oil and slices of bread.

If the Greek chicken with beans is one of your favourite foods, then you might be interested in other fasolakia recipes from our list.

8 comments:

  1. Chicken meat is my favorite source of proteins, I use it almost every food I made. Now, after I discovered your recipe, I’m sure it’s going to become a regular in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should try with other low fat meats, too. I'm glad you enjoyed my recipe.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I just put this on the stove with potatoes, red peppers and zucchini, with the olive oil and tomatoes. I also added some dry dill . Now it’s really smelling good in here. Cooking with lamb meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit you have imagination when cooking.

      Delete
  3. I tried your recipe yesterday and was delicious. I found that to get the beans tender enough, they needed to cook covered for about 50 minutes, by which time the liquid was so reduced that no further cooking was needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my recipe, and thanks for letting me know about the twist you added.

      Delete
  4. This was so delicious! It was a big hit with my picky husband. He said it was one of the best things I have made in the last year, lol! My son just about licked his plate clean! Thank you so much, you make me look good in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. i'm glad that you and your family enjoyed my recipe.

      Delete